Book Review Rating Scale
All the books reviewed on www.togustage.com are supplemented by using the five-star Likert scale. I did not come across a universally acceptable range for book reviews so I came up with mine. I believe this is the best way to give a simple summary of my opinion on the books.
What to expect?
- Ranges from 5 to 1 It makes it easier to understand why a book is rated as a 1 or 2
- The same rating can mean different things to different people. For instance, I may give a book 3 stars and you may think deserved 5 stars. I try my best to be objective, but my values as a Christian in what Hofstede will describe as a traditional society will influence how I view books. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter As a social scientist, I will aim to be objective and anytime I am subjective or I believe my value will influence the final outcome I will state it.
- All reviews will depict an honest, frank, and respectful opinion.
- I will only review books I have read and will not review books I have not read because It is unfair and does not paint a complete picture of the literature. If I started a book but did not complete it, I will state my reasons for not completing the book but will not assign stars.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all reviews posted are mine.
Extraordinary ! The Bestest ( Yes I said BESTEST ) book ever.
Love! LOVE! LOVE! This book was amazing. It was a fantastic read and once I started it, I could not stop. The story was remarkable and Brilliant and all the characters had distinct voices. The plot-line of this book held my attention from the onset and the pacing was fantastic. The writer is amazing and the flow was consistent and captivating.